Season 5, Episode 18 "Crusaders of the Lost Mark" Episode Spectulation and Discussion
Crystal Pony
Vault 111, Other
Equestria Daily and Zap to It has announced the 109th episode of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Titled:"Crusaders of the Lost Mark"
The airdate will be the 10th of October 2015 which will be the 5th anniversary of the pilot airing
The Synopsis: When Pipsqueak runs for Class President, the Cutie Mark Crusaders rally around their friend, but they end up helping their nemesis, Diamond Tiara in an unexpected way
Please Discuss the Episode in this thread
Source: http://www.equestriadaily.com/2015/09/th...opsis.html
[Image: QDeW28J.jpg]
18/09/2015, 08:15 AM (Last edited: 18/09/2015 04:02 PM by superdogz1999)
Unicorn pony
Bennett Springs, WA
oh god that was interesting (5th year anniversary too)

my reaction so far
Spoiler :
[Image: over_the_top_anime_reaction__by_hatpop-d5q7a9g.png]

and so many potential memes
[Image: bronybarrington_by_twilightsparklerr-d72647c.png]
frequencywavelength, NedKelpie like this post
11/10/2015, 01:57 AM (Last edited: 11/10/2015 02:03 AM by BronyBarrington)
ffs
Foal
Perth, WA
They got their cutie marks Oh
frequencywavelength likes this post
Donator
Ponerith, NSW
Now I have to go and paint stuff onto all three of my vinyl CMC figures. Edit: and how many songs was that?
Ponies.
11/10/2015, 02:04 AM (Last edited: 11/10/2015 02:04 AM by everypone)
Unicorn pony
Bennett Springs, WA
[Interpolated]
Floreat, WA
[Image: Pinkie_Pie_and_Rarity_shocked_S2E19.png]

Wow... If this is the last episode she does for the season, then Amy Keating Rogers has gone out swinging.

Spoilered due to long fangasm.
Spoiler :
A musical episode featuring the CMC? Hell yeah! Cheer After all, the three of them do have amazing voices. Though I thought it weird and a possible death sentence for the episode when they were helping Pip be elected student pony president. The school has a very small amount of students, why would they need a student body president? Though it's not surprising that Diamond Tiara's the selfish incumbent... almost makes me wonder if the show staff are trying to have a stab at selfish politicians. ThinkPinkie Pie Shrug Also, interesting continuity callback to have the playground damaged by the battles with both Discord and Tirek. That fiendish centaur! First Golden Oaks, then the playground? Is there no end to his evil?! Noo

You can tell even Cheerilee is sick of DT's shit, and the moment when Silver Spoon finally stands her ground;
[Image: 31153733.jpg]
I was fist-pumping so hard with that scene. It proves that SS was merely a follower, only teasing others to remain friends with DT. Once that respect was gone, DT could suck it. Yay Then we get Diamond Tiara singing and, may I say... Huh Damn, that filly can sing! And we learn that, like Gilda, DT being the bully is the product of her surroundings/upbringing, namely her snobby mother whose first name escapes me at the moment. But then we get DT's reformation and her rediscovering the true meaning of her special talent; telling ponies what to do, but in a constructive, kinder manner.

Finally, we see the CMC reflecting on the events and realising they can make a difference by showing others the true meaning of their cutie marks, much like they did with Trouble Shoes back in Appleloosa's Most Wanted.

And then, it happened... The CMC get their cutie marks for that very reason.
[Image: bd70f62ad7a6f91e0abd770191e5a543300767f8...e40bdf.jpg]
I seriously thought that they'd go the entire length of the show before getting their marks. I honestly didn't see this coming and it was amazing. We also hear AJ mentioning that their parents would be proud of Applebloom. Huh Geez, they were subtle about it in Apple Family Reunion, but this 100% confirms the Apple kids got the Bruce Wayne treatment, possibly minus the mental scarring. And the fact that their cutie marks mean they help others get theirs, this means even though they now have their marks, we can still have CMC episodes. And I like how Celestia showed Luna the photo at the end. She must be proud of them. Teehee

One could argue that the plot was a little thin and all over the place, much like the season 3 finale, but being a musical episode there are grounds to be lenient. Overall, this was a great episode with an amazing, memorable ending, and definitely up with Amending Fences as my favourite episode of the season thus far. Smile
Deeayen, frequencywavelength, NedKelpie, Tee Kay, WonderingWolf, Znex like this post
Unicorn pony
Bennett Springs, WA
(11/10/2015 02:26 AM)Riku006 wrote:  and the moment when Silver Spoon finally stands her ground;

ffs, frequencywavelength, Riku006 like this post
11/10/2015, 02:33 AM (Last edited: 11/10/2015 02:33 AM by BronyBarrington)
Cutie Mark Crusader
Other
I made this for Derpibooru:

[Image: full.jpg]

Well, it wrecked MY headcanon, though I'm more than happy with the episode we got.
What a wonderful way to celebrate the 5th anniversary!
Cheer
"Am I not destroying my enemies when I make them my friends?” - Abraham Lincoln
CounterClops, Deeayen, Flutters, frequencywavelength, Geechan, Happydalek, NedKelpie, Riku006, superdogz1999, Tee Kay, WonderingWolf, Znex like this post
11/10/2015, 05:20 AM (Last edited: 11/10/2015 05:20 AM by Fortaker)
Crystal Pony
WA
I'm going to need to rewatch this episode, because watching it the first time I felt like it didn't quite sink in. @Milky and I were like "this is going kinda quick ain't it?" and then we checked how far into the episode we were and BAM it was the end. I liked the episode but honestly it felt like it was only ten minutes long, probably as a result of having so many songs (which were all enjoyable). Also, I'm torn when it comes to the CMC getting their cutiemarks finally. On one hand HECK YEAH THEY FINALLY GOT THEM, on the other hand WHAT A COP OUT OF A SPECIAL TALENT! As someone who had always expected the whole stuntpony, singer, and builder talents as aluded too in the first two seasons, it felt like the sudden swap to "helping others discover their cutiemarks" was contrived and manufactured purely to give them their cutiemarks this season as a last minute decision.

Also, making me like/care about Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon? That's very very sneaky Hasbro, very very sneaking indeed. I was expecting an episode about Pipsqueak then BAM, feels for the singing songbird DT. I was not prepared.
Milky likes this post
Donator
University of Newcastle, NSW
Wow. This episode there were at least three times I had to go back and re-watch something because I couldn't believe that just happened.

The one thing that left me feeling a bit odd though was the cutiemarks. They just seem a bit garish. Everypony else's seem to have something real and natural like an apple or a diamond but these are more like logos. I also thought it was a bit odd that they don't really show what they're good at, but then again neither does Rarity's or Twilight's really. It's not what they're good at, but the first thing you think of with the CmC is chasing cutiemarks, so maybe it's a kind of identity thing more than a talent thing?

And that music... buck yeah musical episodes. They always seem to be where the irreversible headcanon smashing happens.
[Image: 1M4YxPZ.png]
brsajo, CounterClops, Midnight Lights, Znex like this post
Donator
Karingal, Vic
*FANGASM*
I can't wait to re-watch this episode later on.
I couldn't pay attention to any of the minor flaws in the ep as I was finally happy to get some depth on D.T.
And right at the end there, just awesome. Not only did we finally get to see their cutie marks, but we can sort of confirm AJ's parents being dead like Faust said they were.

I must admit that I don't think I think any of the songs were catchy, but they were certainly entertaining.
The shield emblem for their CM is okay, but the colours seem a tad overbearing with it based on mane colours.
My OC gallery
CounterClops, frequencywavelength, Tee Gee, Znex like this post
Royal Guard
Box Hill , Vic
Very refreshing and genuine episode. It provided a lot of closure that I had a feeling would happen in season 5. Well, less closure and more nagging questions.

I guess the cutie marks could look a bit more individual? Shrug.

Enjoyable happy episode overall, don't need to say a lot.
Follow the rhythm
brsajo, Tee Kay like this post
Wonderbolt
Planet Vort, Home of the Universe's most comfortable couch, WA
Ok, I will admit that it was great to see the CMC FINALLY get their Cutie Mark. That being said, this episode had the same problems that Magical Mystery Cure had. This was a huge moment for the show, yet it felt really rushed. The major point of the episode was the election and Diamond Tiara working out who she actually was meant to be felt kind of forced. Also, shouldn't they have realised all this back in Appleloosa's most wanted when they helped Trouble Shoes?

I'm not saying it was a bad episode, I'm just saying that it could have been better than it was.
[Image: dTmnn2K.jpg]
frequencywavelength, Midnight Lights like this post
Donator
Geelong, Vic
Ho....ly....crap.

Spoiler :
I don't usually reply to these threads often, but I have to say this is one of my favorite episodes from season 5 so far.

To have the CMC get their cutiemarks and help Diamond Tiara in the same episode was quite eventful.

Other than my generic "It was awesome" opinion, I do wonder what lies next in store for the CMC plot line.

Edit: All the music, lovely music Cheer
[Image: 2Tb4G8u.png]
Happydalek, Riku006, Tee Kay, Znex like this post
11/10/2015, 11:48 AM (Last edited: 11/10/2015 11:49 AM by EMango)
Foal
Sydney, NSW
(11/10/2015 10:28 AM)Evil_Spike wrote:  Ok, I will admit that it was great to see the CMC FINALLY get their Cutie Mark. That being said, this episode had the same problems that Magical Mystery Cure had. This was a huge moment for the show, yet it felt really rushed. The major point of the episode was the election and Diamond Tiara working out who she actually was meant to be felt kind of forced. Also, shouldn't they have realised all this back in Appleloosa's most wanted when they helped Trouble Shoes?

I'm not saying it was a bad episode, I'm just saying that it could have been better than it was.

It's a problem you can't really solve though without adding more runtime. There's only so much you can fit into a 22 minute episode and not have it feel rushed. It has its own limitations that you have to work with.

That said though, I still really liked the episode and the fact they did the musical format again; it's becoming a marker of special MLP episodes now, it seems.

I can't wait for the CMC and Diamond Tiara to get more attention in the episodes to come!

(But Twilight needs to do stuff too! She's run out of books. Omg )
Crystal Pony
Vault 111, Other
That episode was awesome and Amy Keating Rogers did a really good job on writing this episode.
It was great seeing some character development from Diamond Tiara and how she finally befriended the CMC, plus
Spoiler :
The CMC got their Cutie Marks
This episode is now my favourite of Season 5 and I would rate this 10/10 as the episode really took the cake.
[Image: QDeW28J.jpg]
Cutie Mark Crusader
Vietnam, New Zealand
I'm not really sure why they have the same cutie mark. But if Celestia has to do about it, then that's makes so much sense. And I don't know what to say about diamond tiara, she's just changed her life.
When things get ugly, keep being your lovely self! XD
Hugglesquishy
Perth, WA
Oh my god.
I loved this episode.

So much Diamond Tiara characterisation, and good on Silver Spoon for standing up for herself! And let's talk about those cutie marks; they have unique symbols but all look the same! What a wonderful idea to keep the cutie mark crusaders going even after they've "found their destinies", so to speak.
[Image: sig.png]
CounterClops, frequencywavelength, Geechan, Platskies, Riku006, Tee Gee like this post
Unicorn pony
Bennett Springs, WA
dont choose a favourite episode yet. There is still some to go
Pegasus pony
North Perth, WA
(11/10/2015 06:02 AM)Epsilon wrote:  On one hand HECK YEAH THEY FINALLY GOT THEM, on the other hand WHAT A COP OUT OF A SPECIAL TALENT!

When you think of it their talents are doubled, they have what most people expected which was singing, apples and speed, flying or stunts what ever Scoots was, and added their CMC colours and shield behind it to show that their other talent is also helping others get theirs.
Together we stand, divided we fall.
frequencywavelength, Lunar Dust, Midnight Lights, Riku006, Znex like this post