Administrator
Brisbane, QLD
This is from @Free Fall, just posting it up here for everyone.

Evening Everypony,

I've have an update to Sydneigh, that I think everypony has the right to know.
The liquidators completed their meeting on the 4th of November and yet no further communication from the Liquidators or Sydneigh Executives has been received.

Out of curiosity (I long ago accepted my financial losses from Sydneigh) I called the liquidators.
In a nutshell – There’s pretty much not even scraps left in the stable. The absolutely best case scenario is looking like a 20% return; however the more likely outcome is 0% return. The liquidator didn’t seem too optimistic about any financial return for the ticket holders (So much for 70%).

Initially I was annoyed that we haven’t been given any further communication from the Sydneigh Executives; however it was explained to me that the Sydneigh Executives are no longer in control of the company and cannot speak on its behalf. They have been told to hand over the accounts and assets and walk away. So while it feels Sydney Executives have split Dodge City; they have really been bound to remain quiet.

Honestly I wish there was better news to be had – Unfortunately good news and Sydneigh are mutually exclusive. It’s been an ongoing descent into hades and many of us have been unwillingly taken along for the ride.

Although I could just open up the flood gates and let loose (You can burn me, but not my kid) – Out of respect for some on the exec team I’m going to hold back.

However I’ll you leave with some words of wisdom for those who ever consider holding a convention.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

The right people with the right focus can achieve anything.

All great buildings start with a solid foundation.

Know when to fight; know when to retreat; know when you are beaten but fighting to the bitter end is pointless.

When you are climbing a mountain and you find yourself hanging by a finger nail and people offer you help – Take It! – Glory, Pride and Ego mean nothing when you’re falling to your end.

When the wheels are getting shaky and parts are falling off the car – Might be a good time to end the journey before the real problems start.

A smart pony learns from their mistakes – A smarter pony learns from the mistakes of others.

Everypony makes mistakes; the difference is – Good people make amends; others blame everyone else but themselves.

When you have wronged people – You can never say sorry enough and show genuine remorse for what has happened.

Running makes you fit – Doesn’t solve problems.

You cannot expect others to defend what cannot be defended.

But Hey! – It’s not all bad news…. See you Ponies at PonyCon 2015! – Yay!
[Image: 8MSnYae.png]
AzureDemon, Camsy, DarkStatic, DeddStallionTrotting, Flugelhorn, Flutters, NedKelpie, Razmic, Riku006, Scherzando, Tee Kay like this post
02/12/2014, 06:49 PM (Last edited: 02/12/2014 06:58 PM by Cameron:D)
Royal Guard
Huon Valley, Tas
Source?
Everyone is entitled to my opinion. -Madonna
Pegasus pony
Heathmont, Vic
(02/12/2014 06:54 PM)Flugelhorn wrote:  Source?

@Free Fall called the liquidators
Derpy x Doctor Whooves = OTP
DawnAllies, Flugelhorn, Tee Kay, Yorky like this post
Donator
Hobart, Tas

I believe it is from the ‎Melb/Vic Bronies FB page.
"Gentlemen, we may not make history tomorrow, but we shall certainly change the geography." General Plumer
Flugelhorn, Happydalek like this post
Administrator
Brisbane, QLD
(02/12/2014 06:57 PM)Niceguy00007 wrote:  

I believe it is from the ‎Melb/Vic Bronies FB page.

That is where I first saw it, but he also PM'd it to me asking for it to be posted.
DawnAllies, Flugelhorn like this post
Come at me bro
Your bed, NSW
Why couldnt he post it himself? 0.0
[Image: FXdavm1.png]
Administrator
Brisbane, QLD
Because not everyone can make announcements in this board Ppcute
DawnAllies, ExplodingPonyToast, Flugelhorn, kiwifingers, Lucky, Platskies, Scherzando, Sellyme like this post
Come at me bro
Your bed, NSW
Ooh, I getcha.
[Image: FXdavm1.png]
Stallion/Mare
Broadmeadows, Vic
Hello All,

I called the Liquidators for an update - As nothing was reported back after the 4th of November meeting.

So the news isn't good and isn't getting any better.

FUBAR situation if there ever was one.

I sent this to Cameron, as I felt it was important information that needed to be posted as news.

Regards,
Paul.
[Image: PdxVjit.jpg]

AzureDemon, Flugelhorn, Scherzando like this post
02/12/2014, 11:43 PM (Last edited: 02/12/2014 11:45 PM by Free Fall)
Wondrebolt
Adelaide, SA
man i am so hyped for sydneigh 2015
Depend on the rabbit's foot if you will, but remember, it didn't help the rabbit
DeddStallionTrotting, Flugelhorn, Flutters, Free Fall, Pikachu, Razmic, Scherzando, Tee Kay like this post
Not An Active Mod
Sydney, NSW
hold onto ur butts
Free Fall likes this post
Stallion/Mare
Broadmeadows, Vic
Same for PonyCon 2015.

Free Fall and Soarin will return.

Swift Wings and Shadowbolt Rainbow Dash will be making their first appearance.

All will have remote controlled animatronic wings - I've nearly finished the first set.

MK 1 - Currently - Wings Open, Close and Beat.
Mk 2 version will hopefully have a forth mode.

Really looking forward to cosplaying as Father and Daughter OC's.
[Image: PdxVjit.jpg]

DeddStallionTrotting, ExplodingPonyToast, Flugelhorn, Flutters, Lucky, Nightsun33, Riku006, Stealthymac like this post
Steamy Ship Ninja
Brismane, QLD
(02/12/2014 11:43 PM)Free Fall wrote:  So the news isn't good and isn't getting any better.

FUBAR situation if there ever was one.

That's pretty much every situation when a company goes into liquidation. The unsecured creditors (us ticket holders) rarely get anything at all.
[Image: stealthy_banner_by_hillbilly146-d82m77p.gif]
Flutters, Free Fall, NedKelpie like this post
Donator
Campbelltown, NSW, NSW
(03/12/2014 12:03 AM)Sellyme wrote:  man i am so hyped for sydneigh 2015

[Image: Taylor%2BSwift%2B-%2BWe%2BAre%2BNever%2B...Lyrics.jpg]
You mistrust me? Listen, you can mistrust him, trust me. - Jack Sparrow
Flugelhorn, Flutters, Free Fall, Lunar Dust, NedKelpie, Rain Flicker, Tee Gee like this post