Donate today to disable this ad :D
Equestria Girls Australian Release!
Donator
Tallong, NSW
[Image: My-Little-Pony-Equestria-Girls.jpg]

With all of the hype and anticipation of the release of Equestria Girls in the US and Canadian cinemas, here at home the news of the Australian release has been quiet. Until now.

A few days ago, there was no indication whether Australia would get a cinema release or even who the distributor was.

All of that however changed this evening with the announcement that the film will finally be hitting Australian shores sooner than expected with a limited run of four screenings planned at selected Village Cinemas with Madman Entertainment handing the distribution for the film:
http://villagecinemas.com.au/Movies/My-L...-Girls.htm

But for those who can't attend a cinema screening, there is still hope with the DVD (and hopefully Blu-Ray) release on Wednesday 4th September!

The DVD will contain the full length feature coming in at around 72 minutes and will also feature some bonus content including:

* A Printable movie poster
* Karaoke songs
* Ponify Yourself
* Through the Looking Glass of Equestria Girls

If you like to pre-order your copy, you can do so from the following retailers:
Madman: http://www.madman.com.au/actions/catalog...seId=20541
EzyDVD: http://www.ezydvd.com.au/DVD/my-little-p...dp/6142330
DVDLand: http://www.dvdland.com.au/products/MY-LI...GIRLS.html

As always you can discuss anything about the movie in the official thread here.

Source: http://www.equestriadaily.com/2013/06/eq...added.html
http://www.ezydvd.com.au/DVD/my-little-p...dp/6142330

Article Updated on 2/7/13 to tidy up a few things and adding the Madman pre-order link.
[Image: 8ClGVTv.png]

ExplodingPonyToast, Flugelhorn, LordRex85, NedKelpie, Sketch D. Tail like this post
08/06/2013, 06:58 AM (Last edited: 05/09/2013 09:37 AM by rjrgmc28)
Donator
Zetland, NSW
Well, time to pre-order this Fluttershy Yay
Just a passing through brony. Remember that!
Pegasus pony
Other
Just watched the trailer about 15 times already
tretten år på et akademi - intellektuell lobotomi
Wondrebolt
Adelaide, SA
(08/06/2013 06:58 AM)rjrgmc28 wrote:  Wednesday 4th September!

Quote:sooner rather than later

Pick one.
Depend on the rabbit's foot if you will, but remember, it didn't help the rabbit
Applecorn, Razmic like this post
Stallion/Mare
SA, Other
I skimmed some of those spoiler picks thrown up on EqD, not actually focusing too much due to spoilers and... Dayumn, most of my doubts concerning the film having been laid to rest. There's some pretty badass moments there. Happy3
Applecorn likes this post
Cutie Mark Crusader
Bundaberg, QLD
Okay was going to post this story when come up, but sue me for not waking up early enough. Ppcute
I ❤ Twist
Kardinya, WA
I refuse to look at any spoilers. Rumours have it that there is already a leaked version on the internet, but nah I dont reckon there is.
Nice...
Administrator
Brisbane, QLD
Just leaked images as far as I'm aware
[Image: 8MSnYae.png]
Definitely Bangable
Surrey Hills, Vic
I'm actually fair looking forwards to this. When I first heard about Equestria Girls I thought it sounded kinda stupid, but it looks like they've put in quite a lot of effort. I'm not as excited about it as I am about, say, MLP Season 4, but it should still hopefully be pretty decent. I actually kinda do wish that we were getting a cinema release here of it.
[Image: ZVeXLxj.png]
Cheesypoof2009 likes this post
Foal
SA
The new trailer gave me slightly more hope, but somehow I still currently wish it's non-canon; not sure why...

September?! Better late than never I suppose... Still wish they do a cinema release in Australia...
I ❤ Twist
Kardinya, WA
Why do I wish it WAS canon?......

Is there something wrong with me guys?
Nice...
08/06/2013, 04:41 PM (Last edited: 08/06/2013 04:42 PM by Willmor)
Besmircher
Gawler, SA
(08/06/2013 06:58 AM)rjrgmc28 wrote:  * Ponify Yourself
Wait, what?

(08/06/2013 04:41 PM)Willmor wrote:  Is there something wrong with me guys?
Yes, you monster.
"I'm so mature" -ouchjars
08/06/2013, 07:52 PM (Last edited: 08/06/2013 07:53 PM by Salamander)
Cutie Mark Crusader
NSW
Ok, now don't hold me to this, but I've been informed of an Australian theatre release in August.

Will update things if I get an actual date.
/) *brohoof* (\ || Don't take me too seriously
Colt/Filly
Adelaide, SA
WHY DOES IT HAVE TO TAKE SOOO LONG?!!!
Can we be friends? (I had to change my cutie mark on my avatar, I have my reasons.)
Royal Guard
Baldivis, WA
Looks like I might be getting that as a birthday present. I'm serious, it's released two days before my birthday. Smile
I'm actually starting to get really excited to see it because the trailers for them have been really good so far and hopefully the actual film can live up to the expectations.
"A man who hasn't made a mistake, hasn't made anything."
eSushi, Sakura_Kinomoto like this post
Flankcaster Team
Indoors, SA
YES GOOD MORE EQUESTRIA GIRLS

LET THE HUMAN FLOW THROW YOU
It's a beautiful day outside. Birds are singing, flowers are blooming. On days like these, kids like you... should be browsing BAU.
Administrator
Brisbane, QLD
Inkblu is actually Lyra
[Image: 8MSnYae.png]
Augui, DJponzy, DoctorSpectrum, Flaming Knight, Nightsun33 like this post
How do I keyboard?
Vic
I shall ask my family to buy me this for my birthday. it would be an amazing present.

ExplodingPonyToast edited 10/06/2013 12:32 PM this post because:
Please put in some effort into using proper spelling and grammar to make your posts readable. Fixing up this post would be a great start.
... i am still alive, i swear!
10/06/2013, 12:14 PM (Last edited: 10/06/2013 12:33 PM by DJponzy)
Flankcaster Team
Indoors, SA
(10/06/2013 12:12 PM)Cameron:D wrote:  Inkblu is actually Lyra

Oh

I mustn't be revealed
It's a beautiful day outside. Birds are singing, flowers are blooming. On days like these, kids like you... should be browsing BAU.
Augui likes this post
Donator
Tallong, NSW
Well folks, there is some good news and some bad news this afternoon in regards to the Australian Equestria Girls release.

First off, the good news is that the Australian release date has been changed (still unconfirmed and subject to change) to the 30th August according to the DVDLand product page for the DVD. (link)

The bad news is that EzyDVD has pulled the pre-order page from their website. I don't know if this is only a temporary move until the release date approaches or a mistake has been made at their end, but for those who have placed pre-orders through them, you might be contacted by EzyDVD about your order and what options are available.

I'll keep you folks informed if any other developments arise.
[Image: 8ClGVTv.png]

Cameron:D likes this post
12/06/2013, 04:42 PM (Last edited: 12/06/2013 04:43 PM by rjrgmc28)